I am delighted to be offering my Sunflower Blanket course for Beginners in real life at Norfolk Yarn this Autumn.
Workshop 1: Saturday 28 October 2023 10.00am – 12.30pm
Workshop 2: Saturday 11 November 2023 10.00am – 12.30pm
Workshop 3: Saturday 2 December 2023 10.00am – 12.30pm
This three part crochet course at Norfolk Yarn is aimed at complete beginners and anyone who would like a very simple, and beautiful, first crochet project. It’s designed to teach you the absolute basics and is planned over 3 months to give you plenty of time to achieve a stunning granny square blanket in a lovely Aran weight yarn.
- Gently guide you through each step in a series of three practical workshops.
- Teach you how to achieve a professional finish in your work.
- Help you choose your yarn and colours to ensure your finished blanket looks stunning.
- Grant you access to additional online support via detailed video tutorials and downloadable PDFs with written instructions, stitch diagrams and colour illustrations. (including left handed versions!)
- Be available online to answer any questions you might have throughout the course.
This blanket design is made up of one large traditional granny square in the centre, with a border of beautiful starburst squares and a fabulous pom pom trim!
This course is for you if you:
- Are new to crochet or want to refresh your existing skills.
- Are ready for a new creative challenge.
- Want to crochet something beautiful, but have no idea where to start!
By the end of the course you will be crocheting with confidence and looking forward to your next project.
All of the following will be covered in the course:
How to hold your hook and yarn in a way that suits YOU.
How to work chains, double crochets, half trebles, trebles, puff stitches and cluster stitches.
Joining squares and achieving a professional finish.
Working a decorative bobble trim.
How to block your work.
How to read crochet patterns, including stitch diagrams.
Choosing colours to achieve stylish result
I’m very patient and have many years teaching experience so I can guarantee you will receive the best tuition – and that includes the left handed among you!
The cost of the course is £115 which includes 7.5 hrs tuition, hooks and yarn up to a value of £40*.
*Please note that to complete the blanket you will need to purchase additional yarn, as you need it.
My courses are always good fun and fill up fast. Places are strictly limited so if you’d like to join me nip over here and secure your place today!