Do you love fashion, textiles or interior design – but tend to ‘play safe’ with colours you are familiar with? Or perhaps you avoid certain colours because you associate them with negative experiences.
I can show you how, with a few simple rules, you can gain colour confidence and create stunning combinations for your textiles – and any other area of your life that needs a colour overhaul!
The day will include:
- ‘Hands on’ painting sessions enabling you to fully understand, and enjoy, the creation of a colour wheel.
- Demystifying colour terminology and the relationship between hues.
- How to generate exciting colour harmonies by following, and breaking, ‘the rules’
- Creating yarn combinations and unique colour palettes for your textile projects.
- Understanding the significance of proportion.
- Insights into the psychology and symbolism surrounding colour.
- A kick start into your own colour journaling.
By the end of this workshop you will have the skills to evaluate colours more effectively and feel more confident in how you explore and apply colour in your own work.
All materials and equipment will be supplied, we’ll use high quality brushes, paper and water based paints and you’ll also be supplied with a journal to keep your notes and experiments in.
We’ll be working with water based paints so you may need to bring a painting shirt or wear appropriate clothing.
We’ll have a 30 minute break for lunch; light refreshments will be provided but please bring your own lunch with you, or you may choose to visit one of the fabulous local delis and takeaways in the Norwich Lanes.
Places on this workshops will be strictly limited. Phone Norfolk Yarn on 01603 927034 to book or nip over here.
For further information regarding the venue please contact Norfolk Yarn.